Wednesday 20 April 2011

Online Reading (Ebooks!!)

Fretting over the cost of a storybook? Or you simply do not have the time to go out and buy? Do not worry so much :)Now that technology is very advanced, we have the right solution for you. That is... Ebook!! Here, let me list you some advantages of using Ebook:
View Image
1. When you need certain information, you can download it immediately, by downloading an Ebook.
2. Ebooks take up less space. You practically don't need any space to store them. You don't need a library or room for them. You can store hundreds and thousands of Ebooks in your computer.


3. Ebooks are portable. You can carry a whole library of hundreds of books with you on your laptop without worrying about the weight.


4. With todays technology, you can read Ebooks anywhere, on the bus, train, airplane, or while standing in line.


5. Ebooks are more safely stored and carried from one place to another, than ordinary books. They also withstand time more than books.


6. Ebooks can show links for more easy access to information and related websites.


7. Ebooks are searchable. You can easily search for any information in an Ebook, instead of turning page after page.


8. Ebooks can be interactive and contain audio, video and animations, which can enhance the message that the author is trying to convey.


9. As Ebooks are delivered through the internet, there are no packing and shipping expenses.


10. Font in Ebooks can be resized, making it easier to read for people with disabilities.


Isn't this amazing? As an avid reader, I seldom have time to go to bookstores to buy storybooks and therefore, I simply multitask my doing online homework while reading on the internet.


- Cheryl <3

5 comments:

  1. I don't really think that having an e book actually helps. I just don't enjoy reading from an e book. It just does not feel the same as reading from a realbook, especially a paperback one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please leave your name, thank you!!

    -Cheryl <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the one who poosted the above comment

    ReplyDelete
  4. I kind of agree with you, Cheryl. It is kind of annoying to find my favourite book in Tampines Library available and not having enough time to go and borrow or just not wanting to waste resources to go there. I like eBooks, but to be honst, I think that they are kind of, well, not so popular. So I also kind of disagree with you, too. eBooks are fine and dandy, but I love being able to turn the page of a book, feeling its smooth texture and the beautifully black ink on the page. Being able to physically touch the books is one of my favourite things, actually. So I would say that probably I do not really like eBooks.
    Eda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Eda. I think that sometimes, when you really want to find a book, it is either not available in the library, or it is always borrowed by someone else. Also, eBooks are much cheaper and is more convenient. However, I still prefer to read from a book rather then from the eBooks as the lighting plus the small mind-boggling words make me get dizzy. So I can be ancient for all I care when it comes to reading books!
    -Gabrielle^^

    ReplyDelete