Thursday 28 April 2011

Online food critics

Nowadays, with the wonderful internet, anyone, can say anything that they want, at anything. How awesome is that? Some people even use comics to express their feelings about cuisine!

www.timesonline.co.uk/toll/comment/columnists/gilles_coren/article4743819.ece (this link is an example)

I think that when people go online to look at the critiquing of food, they will be able to select a restaurant quickly and do not need to ponder over which restaurant to pick for too long. How convenient!

This is proof that technology is extremely important to us because it helps us to save time when we want to decide on food choices. I myself enjoy consuming edible products and thus this kind of information would be very useful to me, although it may not be to some people*hint hint

REI_THE_BIEB(happy almost may fools) :)
Celebrity food criticfictional food criticProfessional food critic

WHY I AM POSTING ON THURSDAY

 I shall also be busy at a meeting as well as a function tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. I do not agree. If this website tells us what it tastes like, we don't even have to chance to try new things! All of us will say 'Oh, okay I will have this.' and then, we won't try anything new! So, I believe that we should not refer to the website and instead try things to know what they taste like from your own experience, your own mouth. You will probably like it! :)

    -SYAF THE BEIB <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with Syafiqah, that if we read what it tastes like on the internet, we would not actually go and try out the food. Sometimes, others might say that the food taste good and you might say that it tastes good. It is based on our preferences and should not follow blindly everything that is said on the internet. What is fun about life if we do not have surprises?
    -Gabrielle^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Syafiqah too. Telling us how the food taste like simply spoils the surprise. What's the point of going to try out the food when it is already stated there? And, sometimes, information given on the Internet cannot always be trusted too. People might say that the food from that specific restaurant is delicious but do you actually know whether it is true?
    Cheryl <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also agree. I find the fun in tasting new dishes, like salmon sushi, udon noodles, Korean food...It is so much more fun in actually feeling the taste in your mouth rather than have someone say it and Cheryl is right, what if someone gives wrong information? Also, everyone's taste and opinion is different. What someone else likes may not be what you like, so I think it is better if you try it yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rei_The_Fake_Bieb30 April 2011 at 04:35

    Hi Eda. -.-

    ReplyDelete
  6. O.o
    I am not very ambitious and thus I am not to keen to try new food. Just yesterday, I hesitated to try a certain dish(which will remain nameless) until I asked my mother to tell me what it tasted like ( I did not like it in the end )

    However, I think that trying new things is very exciting. Just not with food.

    By the way this is my own opinion. I am not insulting your opinion because you are entitled to your own opinion and I respect your opinions.

    Bye Bye

    REI_The_Fake_Bieb

    ReplyDelete