Monday 18 April 2011

Lessons tied with IT

Ever sat in a boring lesson with the teacher droning on monotonously about algebraic sums? I bet all students share the same sentiment as me, wanting to scream and run out of the classroom to the nearest MRT station to go home. Well, never fear! With IT, there will never be a boring lesson again! (Or, maybe not.) Anyway, IT enhances our learning and piques our interest. It helps teachers catch their students' attention and hook them straightaway. It is also more environmentally friendly, because teachers can assign homework online and save paper. Also, students won't have another good excuse like, 'my dog ate my homework' to give the teacher because it is assigned online. Well, there you have it! My post on IT is complete. Look forward to more posts on lessons using IT! Ciao for now!

5 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you! It is such a good idea to use IT in everyday classes. All the students will feel more relaxed because we are all so IT savvy nowadays and we will be efficient while using IT in our lessons. I especially like Geography lesson because our teacher will allow us to take notes on our computer. It makes me feel very happy :)

    However, once, during home economics, my computer was unable to open a file. The teacher gave us a test after that and I didn't know how to do about 3 question! Luckily, I got a very good mark in the test before that so the damage was not that bad. After that day, when I could not open a file, I just took some notes and listened to the teacher instead of wasting time trying to open the file :D :) XD :I
    THE AWESOME REI! WHO ROCKS TTM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! YES, i think ALOT of people have experienced boring lessons! DEFINITELY! But, there are cons of using technology too! Like Rei, I have experienced not able to open a file before! It was fustrating! I think some people do not pay attention in class when using laptops too. They might go on Skype or something like MSN. So, yes. There are pros and cons.

    -SYAFIQAHLOVESPS3

    ReplyDelete
  3. BrainyBloggersCo.19 April 2011 at 01:10

    Using teachnology is definitely an awesome way to enhance learning. For example, in my primary school years, we never had the chance to use laptops during lesson time and therefore, I had no interest in paying attention. But now, in CGSS, pupils and teachers here are so IT savvy that I am absolutely glued to the screen for the whole period. Of course, I have to admit that some pupils might not be able to resist the temptation in visiting other sites.

    Cheryl <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree with you! I think students these days, are more interested in technology then anything else. For example, by using technology for English lessons like what we are doing, I find that I have learnt much more as I absorb more when I do work that interests me. However even though then it can be eco-friendly when homework is online, problems do come together with this. People might give the excuse that "I could not access the homework" or "I submitted the homework, but I do not know why you did not receive it". Still, technology is still great overall!!! :)
    -Gabrielle ^^

    ReplyDelete