Sunday 8 May 2011

Food(no time on friday)

Hi All.(I know Gabrielle)

I had no time to post on friday when I had to cycle over half of Pulau Ubin and mountain bike through about 100m of grass and mud. I also forgot to prepare a post so I shall begin now.

Today, I will talk about food, as usual. I will talk about phone deliveries. About a decade ago, when somebody wanted to eat, they had three options.
1. Eat Out
2. Buy ingredients and cook
3. Wait for their mother to buy it for them

Well! nowadays, there is a much more convenient way to get food! that is, to order it on the internet. Although this luxury only applies to some restaurants, I think it is one of the best things that ever happened to man kind!

PROCEDURE
when you feel like ordering food and you are too tired to go down and buy it yourself, you can just go online and order it! Is it not awesome? I have only done this once, however, I plan to do so more in the near future.

MY FEELINGS
I think that this is a really cool way to order your food. It is so simple and you can have the food delivered right to your doorstep!

An alternative is to call the restaurant and order your food through the phone. However, I find it less efficient as there is no menu in front of you to decide what you want to order.

REI_THE_VERY_TIRED_GIRL

3 comments:

  1. There are many pros and cons of ordering your food online. Ordering food online is indeed very efficient because you need not go all the way to the shop to buy it. But have you ever thought that waiting for the delivery man to deliver it to your doorstep actually takes even longer? Imagine, there might be a traffic jam or accident on the way (touch wood XD) so you will still have to wait. Secondly, the delivery man may sometimes leave out some of your food so it is a complete waste of time. For example, I remember ordering Mc Donald's online and to my utter surprise, they actually forgotten to deliver my french fries!! I was totally frustrated. Therefore, I will stick to going there to buy my food rather than ordering online. Some people might find this very tiring but walking to the food centre indirectly helps you to excercise too!! You can lose weight!! HehehXD
    -Cheryl <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I order food through phone most of the time, when my family and I are to lazy to put on nice clothes and go eat. Like, for example on special occasions we will call PIZZA HUT and order usually garlic bread, pepperoni pizza, hawaiian pizza and some other things! The best thing is, it's served HOT!

    -SYAFTHEREALBIEB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I order food online and by phone a lot of times too. Even though it is convenient for many, there are still many cons. Firstly, there might be delays in the delivery, which may cause trouble. For example, if you are having a birthday party, and the food arrives late, people might not be happy. Secondly, Mc Donalds always get the orders mixed up. (I am not purposely pin pointing them) During the Chinese New Year, my family, which is very big, ordered from Mc Donalds and they mixed up the orders and all the orders were wrong. That spoiled a bit of the Chinese New Year celebrations. Last but not least, the food when ordered may not be fresh or hot when delivered. We obviously cannot ensure that the food will be hot when it reaches our houses. I still like to order from the internet and by phone though! More restaurants should offer this service. They will sure get more customers!
    -Gabrielle ^^

    ReplyDelete