Tuesday 10 May 2011

Aprendizaje de nuestra historia a través de un futuro (Learning our history through the future)

Would Sir Stamford Raffles, back then, would have thought that technology in museums could be used to find out about him? Probably not. But it is true! Technology is now used to recreate historical scenes in museums. For example, there was a time when I had a school trip to this place where all the generals made the decision to surrender. They made wax figures and shone lights on them to show us what happened back then. It was really engaging and got me really intrigued by our history!
Nowadays, seeing technology in museums is quite a common sight. It is quite ironic actually, using the future to learn the past. But it is useful, I am sure. A lot of my classmates were quite interested and actually willingly went to check online about the place called the Battle Box after our trip. Isn't it amazing that technology can make even the most boring history things interesting?
Eda ^_^

5 comments:

  1. Brainybloggersco11 May 2011 at 05:47

    First of all, history lesson is not boring. In fact, I personally enjoy learning about what happened on earth 10000 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brainybloggersco11 May 2011 at 05:49

    Also, I personally agree that it is very fun and interactive if there are wax figurines and realistic lighting to help us visualise. It makes the scene seem very realistic and cool

    REITHEFAKEBIEB(making syafiqah's life miserable by adding the word 'real' to her name)

    ReplyDelete
  3. BrainyBloggersCo.11 May 2011 at 21:43

    Wax figurine is indeed very very fun!!!! =D I've made small wax figurines in the past and I still kept it ;D What fond memories...
    Cheryl<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. BrainyBloggersCo.11 May 2011 at 21:47

    Cheryl and I have ever been to the Bird's Nest in Beijing together and there was a room where they displayed wax figurines of people who came up with the idea of the Olympic Games (who are probably dead right now). I personally think that it is kind of freaky looking at wax figurines of dead people O_o but I think it is actually kind of scary because it is very realistic. I feel that technology has really advanced after time. This is really amazing what technology can do. They can teach us many things like history! :)

    -SYAFTHEREALBIEB <3 (who is loathing Rei right now)

    ReplyDelete
  5. BrainyBloggersCo.16 May 2011 at 01:42

    I love making mini wax figurines!!! Its really cool so those who haven't try it out yet don't waste your chance!! Its totally fun :D I still remember when I was 5 years old I had this art class and they taught us how to make numerous cartoon figurines... Awesome huh? *winkwink*
    Cheryl <3

    ReplyDelete